Monday, April 16, 2012

Review Monday- Maybelline Magnum Volum Express Waterproof Mascara

hi loves,


               I know is been ages since ive posted, i missed blogging a lot. I will be continuing as usual pretty soon so bare with me. So today i will be reviewing Maybelline Magnum Volum Express Waterproof Mascara in Black, wow that is a mouth full :).  If you want to check out my mascara junkie haul click here


let me tell you how i ended up buying this mascara, i had been wanting colossal for a while now, i looked up reviews and stuff so when i was in the store i saw the yellow tube and i picked it up without even checking if it was colossal, and i ended up with Maybelline Magnum Volum Express instead. And i even picked up the wrong colour i picked up washable brown instead of black. I went back and purchased black again since i couldn't return it. I know sucks rite. 


lets get started with the review 


What Maybelline claims
* 9X more volume
* Collagen formula pumps & volumizes lashes giving that luscious look
* seeks out the smallest lashes and coats them evenly
* no clumping 








The Brush


I love the brush, its exactly like the one from falsies, since it has a lot of bristles it would help coat all of your lashes. 




The slight curve of the brush

Side view of the brush

The Review


My bare lashes

My lashes with two coats of mascara

My lashes side view


Ive curled my lashes prior to applying mascara. I applied two coats of magnum on to my lashes. I am not sure if you can see in the picture, but it took a while for this mascara to dry, but fortunately it didn't smudge and cause raccoon eyes . It did coat my lashes evenly and give it a good definition, but i didn't get that false lash effect like it did with the falsies. When i look for a mascara i actually look for volume, lots and lots of it, and if you noticed in first picture where my lashes are bare, you can see that i have a lot of lashes, but once the product was applied my lashes clumped. 

And this product is a pain to get off, well if your using garnier make up remover milk that is, or even if you use a cleansing oil. No matter how much i tried it wouldn't come of. But if you use a make up remover it removes the mascara off in a few swipes. 

In a nutshell

Pros

- water proof
- lasts all day
- no smudging
- holds the curl
- affordable
build-able

Cons

- difficult to remove with remover milk
- doesn't volumize much
- clumps slightly
- would be hard to achieve volume with thin short lashes

I would rate this product 7.5/10


i would recommend this mascara to those who have full lashes and just want a few coats of mascara. Actually i am not disappointed with this product i just wish it would add extra volume.


A tube of Maybelline Magnum mascara retails at RM35.90 at watson or guardian.


What do you think of this weeks review? Have you tried Maybelline Magnum Volum Express Mascara? What did you thin of it? Let me know in the comments below. If you liked this post be sure to share it the links are below.


Until Next time..



XoXo
Antique-Purple

1 comment:

  1. thanks for this review! i was actually thinking of purchasing another mascara from maybelline, but i think i'll rethink it for now!

    I'm a new follower, found this blog through blog hopping!

    http://banini-beauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...